Orthodontics appliances can reduce the risks of developing major problems in the future.
If a child presents a dental problem, a preventive orthodontic treatment could be recommended.
An early treatment can reduce the risks of major problems developing in the future.
Removable and fixed appliances are used to correct the dental arch. This gives the permanent teeth the best chance possible to erupt normally.
The type of orthodontic treatment will depend on the age of the patient and the nature of the dental problem.
- First phase of the treatment
- Done between the age of 7 and 10 years old
- Can be sufficient
Orthodontic treatment in two phases
- First phase between the age of 7 and 10 years old
- Second phase after the age of 11 years old
- First and second phase are done in one step
- 12 years old and older