Reduce the risk of an injury to your teeth, lips and tongue with the use of a mouth guard.
Why a mouthguard?
Participating in sport can lead to an accident that causes mouth or teeth injuries.
If you are involved in a contact sport (boxing, hockey, football, soccer), the use of a mouth guard is highly recommended.
A mouthguard reduces the risks of injuries to the teeth and mouth, and protects against concussions and jaw fractures.
Types of mouthguards
- Impossible to adjust
- Uncomfortable and unstable
- Breathing and speech impeded
'Do it yourself' mouthguard
- Partially adapted to the teeth
- Less stable
- Inadequate protection
Custom fitted mouthguard
- Stays in place
- Does not interfere with breathing or speech
- Compatible with orthodontic appliances
- Can be adapted to the sport
- Highly recommended